Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Love

My husband and I don't make a huge deal of Valentine's Day. In Fact, we spent most of the day at home just enjoying having the day off. We've never really done anything extravagant for Valentine's Day, and that's okay. Sometimes it's better because we truly do just get to enjoy our love for each other.

If you're like me, you probably have very basic needs for love day: flowers and chocolates would be nice, but as long as he makes you feel special, that's all that matters. My husband bought me roses and made lobster for dinner. I love lobster. Probably because of my New England roots, but it just brings back happy memories of enjoying my family and visiting Cape Cod.

Lobster tail, salmon, and brussel sprouts.
We went $10 over our normal grocery budget to enjoy a fancy meal, and quite honestly that's chump change compared to what most couples spend on love day. I want a fancy dinner out, maybe a romantic boat cruise, or a spa day as a gift, but honestly it would just cause more stress knowing we spent all that money.

I think the most common mistake people make when it comes to celebrating is that they think in order to enjoy a holiday, they must spend a lot of money. 

I love that this was my V-day. I hope you all had a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment